Professional Licensure Offices Temporarily Closed to the Public
Beginning Tuesday, March 17, 2020, Professional Licensure activities will temporarily stop at 143B LeFleur's Square. We hope to resume our service to the public at this location as soon as possible. Please check this web page for updates.
- If you have questions regarding your license you may call 601-364-7360 and someone will assist you.
- If you need to apply for an initial license, choose the link Apply for a license below, download the appropriate licensure packet from this website, follow the instructions in the packet closely and mail your application and application fee to the address given in the licensure packet.
- If you need to renew your license, please so electronically using the link labeled Renew a license and follow the instructions closely. We appreciate your understanding and patience during this time of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Notice: Regulations Governing Licensure of Respiratory Practitioners
To all concerned:
Under a waiver executed by Thomas Dobbs, MD, MPH State Health Officer the MSDH Professional Licensure Bureau is partially suspending a section of the Regulations Governing Licensure of Respiratory Practitioners. This wavier will allow second-year Respiratory Care Practitioner (RCP) students enrolled in an accredited respiratory care program to be employed, to provide, and be compensated for the performance of limited low-risk respiratory therapy procedures in licensed hospitals. The use of this waiver is strictly at the discretion of the hospital.
The purpose of this waiver is to assist hospitals in providing respiratory care services during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Tattoo and Body Piercing Operations
Continued Operation: The Governor's Executive Order No. 1525 permits the continued operation of Tattoo and Body Piercing businesses subject to the restrictions listed in the Order. Specifically, Section II e. Business Operations and Section II i. Close Contact and Personal Care Services.
If you have questions, please call 601-364-7360 or email MSDHProfLicensure@msdh.ms.gov.
The Mississippi State Department of Health’s Professional Licensure division regulates and licenses certain health-related professions in Mississippi. Licenses must be renewed annually. The Professional Licensure division also determines eligible continuing education courses.
Professions We License
MSDH's Professional Licensure Division licenses:
- Art Therapists
- Athletic Trainers
- Audiology Aides
- Body Piercing Operators
- Eye Enucleators
- Hemodialysis Technicians
- Hair Braiders
- Hearing Aid Dealers
- Medical Radiation Technicians
- Occupational Therapists
- Respiratory Care Therapists
- Speech-Language Pathologists
- Speech-Language Pathology Aides
- Tattoo Operators and Facilities
Professions Licensed by Other MSDH Divisions
- EMTs and Paramedics. For information, contact our EMS Division at 601-576-7380.
- Nurse Aides. See our Nurse Aide information pages or call 601-364-1100.
- Tanning booth operators. See our Environmental Health Office or call 601-576-7690.
- Radioactive materials. See our Radiological Health Division or call 601-987-6893.
Professions Licensed by Other Agencies
MSDH does not license:
Cosmetologists, Durable Medical Equipment Dealers, Funeral Directors, Massage Therapists, Nurses, (RN, LPN), Nursing Home Administrators, Pharmacists, Physical Therapists, Physicians, Social Workers, Marriage Counselors, Veterinarians.
(Choose a profession name above for more information.)
Use our online search feature to list all licensed professionals in a profession. by choose Search without specifying a name.
Note: Our online records list only professionals licensed by the Professional Licensure division. They do not include nurse aides or EMTs, physicians or other medical professionals.
MSDH Professional Licensure Division
143B Lefleur's Square
Jackson, MS 39211
MSDH Professional Licensure Division
P.O. Box 1700
Jackson, MS 39215-1700