We offer family planning and reproductive health services statewide at our county health departments.
We provide a wide range of professional reproductive health services to both men and women. We partner with the Mississippi Division of Medicaid to offer Family Planning Waivers for eligible individuals.
For assistance locating Family Planning services in your area, please call 855-767-0170.
On this page
Division of Medicaid Family Planning Waiver (FPW)
For men and women who lack insurance coverage, the Medicaid Family Planning Waivers provides sexual and reproductive health services, annual medical visits, contraceptives as well as sterilization services free of charge. Read more below to see whether you qualify.
Family Planning and Reproductive Health Services Provided at MSDH Clinics
- Annual medical exams, as well as intermediate visits include, pap smear, clinical breast exams, height, weight and blood pressure.
- Family planning counseling and education on all contraceptive methods.
- Birth control supplies, wide range of contraceptives and condoms.
- Testing for pregnancy, HIV and sexually-transmitted infections. (Testing does not require parental/guardian consent for those under 18 years of age.)
- Pre-conception counseling for pregnancy planning.
- Patient navigation for certain high-risk clients.
Mississippi State Department of Health
570 East Woodrow Wilson Drive
Jackson, MS 39216-4538
Call 855-767-0170 or contact the county health department nearest you for more information about our family planning services. Walk-ins are welcome, or schedule an appointment by calling 855-767-0170.
For more information about Maternal and Child Health Programs and the MCH Block Grant, call 1-800-721-7222.