JACKSON, Miss. — MS Ready, the Mississippi State Department of Health (MSDH)’s emergency preparedness mobile app, keeps you up-to-date with public health and safety information throughout Mississippi during an emergency and provides a full library of disaster preparedness tips based on lessons learned in the 15 years since Hurricane Katrina.
From breaking news and alerts on emerging diseases to agency closures and severe weather warnings, MS Ready is the best way to stay fully prepared when it comes to health. The app is available free through your app store for both Apple and Android mobile devices.
MS Ready is a two-time winner of the Platinum Hermes Creative Award, an international honor bestowed by the Association of Marketing and Communications Professionals.
Features of MS Ready include:
- Push, text or email notification of essential health precautions in a disaster, disease outbreak, or emergency.
- Step-by-step preparations against floods; severe weather; natural disasters such as hurricanes, tornadoes, and earthquakes; nuclear incidents; and chemical and biological threats.
- A list of important MSDH phone numbers and an emergency hotline.
- A checklist of items to have on hand should an emergency arise.
- A new informational section on disease outbreaks and what you should know.
To find the app, search your app store for MS Ready or visit www.HealthyMS.com/apps.
Press Contact: MSDH Office of Communications, (601) 576-7667
Note to media: After hours or during emergencies, call 601-576-7400.