*Due to unforeseen circumstances this event has been canceled.
Bridging the Gap for a Unified EHDI System
March 30-31, 2020
The Mississippi EHDI Annual Conference provides opportunities to learn, share, and connect with families of children with hearing loss, healthcare professionals who provide screening, diagnosis, and management for hearing, and early interventionists and special educators who serve children with hearing loss.
We build too many walls and not enough bridges. - Joseph Fort Newton
Who should attend?
- Hospitals Staff
- Other Medical Providers
- Early Care Providers
- Family Members
- Health Dept. Staff
- K-12 School Staff
- State/Local Agency Staff
- Deaf Educators
- Early Interventionists
- Oral Interventionists
Leaders bridge the gap between talk and action. - Anonymous
Why should I attend?
Participants will gain knowledge of:
- Joint Committee on Infant Hearing updated recommendations;
- Mississippi requirements for conducting screening, evaluation, and early intervention to identify and serve children with hearing loss;
- Best practices in health care and education to detect and intervene with infants and toddlers who are deaf/hard of hearing;
- New reporting procedures to improve the quality of data for tracking the progress of children through the screening, identification, and intervention process; and
- Emerging issues and trends in Mississippi.
A silence gap between us speaks a big conversation. - Meyadha Maan
Register to Attend
Attendance is free for all participants; however, pre-registration is required for inclusion in lunch sessions and workshops. Please register online at Eventbrite by March 23, 2020 (5:00 pm).
Please mind the gap. - Subway sign
Request for Proposals
Proposals for posters and breakout sessions are being requested on the topic of bridging gaps in the Early Hearing Detection and Intervention system, including those between and among families, hospital staff, diagnostic providers, primary care providers, and early intervention and special education providers. Posters and presentations must address best/quality practices in meeting the needs of infants and toddlers with hearing loss and their families, collaboration among early childhood partners, emerging issues and trends, and/or supporting and engaging families in service delivery and leadership. Please complete and submit the Presentation Proposal Form by February 14, 2020.
One free space is available for health and intervention programs, professional associations, and businesses that serve the EHDI Community. Please complete and submit the Exhibitor Proposal Form by March 13, 2020.
We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them. - Anonymous
Monday, March 30th
- 08:00 am Registration
- 08:30 am Welcome
- 09:00 am Breakout Session I
- 10:15 am Breakout Session II
- 11:45 am Keynote Address
- 01:30 pm Breakout Session III
- 02:45 pm Posters and Networking Session
- 03:30 pm Closing Address
Tuesday, March 31st
- 08:00 am Registration
- 08:30 am EHDI Advisory Committee Meeting
- 10:30 am Workshops and Meetings
When there is teamwork and collaboration, wonderful things can be achieved. - Mattie Stepanek
UMMC Conference Center at the Jackson Medical Mall
350 West Woodrow Wilson Avenue
Jackson, MS 39213
From I55: Take Exit 98A onto Woodrow Wilson Ave. Continue about 1.5 miles to Livingston Road. Use the West entrance to the Jackson Medical Mall and proceed to the northwest corner of the mall to the UMMC Conference Center. Ample free parking is available in front of the Conference Center.